Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
[Android][Video Player] Video is not played when Video Player URL is set through Script
1. Open the attached user's Project "video-player-test.zip"
2. In the Project window under "Assets/Scenes" open "SampleScene.unity"
3. In the Hierarchy window there is a "RawImage" GameObject under the "Canvas" GameObject with the Video Player Component and "Video Test.cs" Script
4. Build for Android
Expected result: the video is played
Actual result: the video is not played
Reproduces on: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.13f1, 2020.1.10f1, 2020.2.0b7, 2021.1.0a3
Reproducible with these devices(Vulkan, OpenGLES3 and OpenGLES2:
N/A, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00339, Lge LG V50 ThinQ 5G (LM-V500N), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
VLNQA00316, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9825, GPU: Mali-G76
VLNQA00024, Xiaomi Mi 5 (MI 5), Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 820 MSM8996, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
Not Reproducible with:
iPhone 6S (iOS 13.3.1)
-The issue only occurs when setting the Video Player Source URL through the "Test Video.cs" Script, if the Script is disabled and the URL set manually then the issue does not reproduce on Android
-Issue occurs only when Building for Android, Editor works as expected
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject doesn't execute animation the way it's supposed to until any GameObject in the Hierarchy is selected when in the Play Mode
- PropertyField does not properly render its field when changing it back from a valid Asset to "None"
- "ArgumentException: Input Button Enable Debug Button 1 is not set" is thrown when "Enable Debug Button 1" is deleted
- Duplicate invocations when Enabling InputActions during handling an input action
- "Assertion failed on expression" exceptions are thrown when using IJobParallelForTransformExtensions.RunReadOnly
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Video player checks the file extension to determine if file format is supported. .mov was not in the list, added by this PR, but users are in general advised to provide files having extensions that are supported. See documentation for supported formats.
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.1f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.23f1