Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
[Android][Video Player] Video is not played when Video Player URL is set through Script
1. Open the attached user's Project "video-player-test.zip"
2. In the Project window under "Assets/Scenes" open "SampleScene.unity"
3. In the Hierarchy window there is a "RawImage" GameObject under the "Canvas" GameObject with the Video Player Component and "Video Test.cs" Script
4. Build for Android
Expected result: the video is played
Actual result: the video is not played
Reproduces on: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.13f1, 2020.1.10f1, 2020.2.0b7, 2021.1.0a3
Reproducible with these devices(Vulkan, OpenGLES3 and OpenGLES2:
N/A, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00339, Lge LG V50 ThinQ 5G (LM-V500N), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
VLNQA00316, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9825, GPU: Mali-G76
VLNQA00024, Xiaomi Mi 5 (MI 5), Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 820 MSM8996, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
Not Reproducible with:
iPhone 6S (iOS 13.3.1)
-The issue only occurs when setting the Video Player Source URL through the "Test Video.cs" Script, if the Script is disabled and the URL set manually then the issue does not reproduce on Android
-Issue occurs only when Building for Android, Editor works as expected
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI Builder] The border of VisualElement is not created when slicing a pixel art sprite
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window