Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.0f1, 2022.3.0f1
[Android] TMP_InputField throws an exception upon Submit
Editing a textfield on Android and then submitting throws an exception.
1. Create a scene with a Canvas
2. Add a TMPro Input field
3. Run the app on an Android device
4. Once the app is running on the device, focus the input field and enter some text
A quick investigation shows that eventData is null when TMP_InputField.OnSubmit is called.
Here is the stack
/Unity: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TMPro.TMP_InputField.OnSubmit (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x0003f] in ./Library/PackageCacheemail@example.com/Runtime/TMP/TMP_InputField.cs:4438
at TMPro.TMP_InputField.LateUpdate () [0x002cb] in ./Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Runtime/TMP/TMP_InputField.cs:1747
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"