Search Issue Tracker
[Android]The R.java generated by Unity during android compilation is too big which causes R.java refer to all resources.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open "AndroidRClass.zip" project
2. Build project on android platform
3. Go to Temp/stagingArea/gen and in search field type R.java
-Observe that 3 same R.java files were generated
Actual result: The R.java generated by Unity during android compilation is too big. Each R.java refers to all resources. So each package imported to increase the fields references count which is limited to 65535 references.
Expected result: The R.java for each imported package and the project should only refer to its own resources.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0b5, 5.4.1f1, 5.3.6p4
Note: Similar problem is also discussed in https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/too-many-method-references-max-is-65536.327064/page-2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes when opening the project
- "Color Picker not supported on this platform" error is thrown when UseOSColorPicker is set to true on Windows
- Lightmap Encoding Quality settings do not apply to baked lightmap textures
- GameObject is not culled and can be seen in the Frame Debugger when Camera is facing away from it
- [UIR] Lines separating packages wiggle in Packman at 150%