Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
[Android] The area just above the pop up keyboard is nonresponsive when Hide Mobile Input setting is used
1. Create a new project
2. Add an Input Field and check the "Hide mobile input" setting
3. Build and Run on an Android device
4. Press the Input field to open the keyboard
5. Try to close the keyboard by touching the area just above it where the input field preview would appear if "hide mobile input" wouldn't be used
Actual: That area is nonresponsive and doesn't close the keyboard
Expected: The keyboard closes when touching any part of the screen that doesn't belong to the keyboard
Reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.18f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b3, 2021.2.0a2
Tested and reproduced on these devices:
VLNQA00013, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (SM-G928F), Android 7.0, CPU: Exynos 7 Octa 7420, GPU: Mali-T760
VLNQA00331, Huawei P20 lite (ANE-LX1), Android 9, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 659, GPU: Mali-T830
VLNQA00001, Google Pixel 2 (Pixel 2), Android 11, CPU: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540
VLNQA00231, Huawei HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro (LYA-L29), Android 9, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 980, GPU: Mali-G76
VLNQA00078, Motorola Nexus 6 (Nexus 6), Android 7.1.1, CPU: Snapdragon 805 APQ8084AB, GPU: Adreno (TM) 420
Didn't reproduce on:
iPhone 11 (iOS 13.5)
Aug 04, 2021 13:39
Another release, another disappointment. How long should I expect this to be 'In Review" before I can actually get something reasonable to our users?
Jun 30, 2021 10:03
It's still an issue in 2019.4.28f1
When this will be fixed?
Jun 17, 2021 11:59
Just thought I would check it out after more than a year of first encountering this issue, but it's still an issue... How is this marked resolved if the recommended Unity version 2020.3.X still has this problem? Why is this so hard to fix?
Jun 09, 2021 17:50
I really don't think issues like this should be considered resolved until they are backported to all active LTS distributions. The problem is NOT fixed for us.
Mar 08, 2021 03:20
2019.4.20 still doesn't work.
Feb 09, 2021 09:15
Is there any progress on this issue? I've been waiting for the hidden mobile input issue to be fixed for almost 6 months now.
Jan 22, 2021 11:29
To add to the issue: You can also edit text in the invisible inputfield just above the keyboard as if there still is mobile input. Selecting all text in the inputfield will show the selection feedback in the mobile input as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
- Inspector window's ObjectFields are not updating correctly
- Linker error when building with the MRTK Graphics Tools package and Managed Stripping Level is set to High
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.16f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in: 2019.4.30f1