Search Issue Tracker
[Android] Text field does not get populated when using Password Autofill
How to reproduce:
1. Set up a Password Manager on your Android device (Settings > System > Language and Input, change Autofill Service to Google or any other program that can manage passwords)
2. Download the attached project 'Password_Autofill_Repro.zip'
3. Build and Run 'SampleScene' Scene on Android
4. Press on the password field and try to autofill a password
Expected result: Both the normal and TextMeshPro input fields are populated
Actual result: The text fields do not get populated
Reproducible with: 2019.4.35f1, 2020.3.28f1, 2021.2.11f1, 2022.1.0b8, 2022.2.0a5
VLNQA00001, Google Pixel 2 (Pixel 2), Android 11, CPU: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540
VLNQA00316, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9825, GPU: Mali-G76
Not reproducible with:
VLNQA00310 - iPad Pro 12.9", 13.4.1 iOS
VLNQA00392 - iPad (9th generation), 15.0 iOS
iPad 6th generation (iOS 14.4.2)
iPhone 11 (iOS 13.5)
- Does not reproduce on iPhones or on tested iPads, however, some users report that it can reproduce on iPads
Jan 31, 2023 12:24
The open-source repository of the advanced-input-field-2 package shared by its developers
Jan 31, 2023 12:16
This issue is resolved in this package. Can you use it?
Jan 05, 2023 00:21
It is actually an important issue.... Users are not inclined to come back to a game or an app if they have to reset their password. Do you plan to fix it on a long time scale? Do you have a workaround to offer meanwhile?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI Toolkit's MinMaxSlider snaps unexpectedly in Runtime
- [2D] [URP] Objects are rendered twice when Foremost Sorting Layer is enabled
- Physics applied to Rigidbody is not fully disabled when setting the Rigidbody to Kinematic
- Scene view turns black when using a custom Mesh Renderer
- VFX Graph ZWrite has no effect when using URP PostProcessing DoF effect
Resolution Note (2022.2.X):
Changes in behaviour would introduce many breaking changes. The mobile team would re-evaluate the pause/resume behaviour in future releases.