Search Issue Tracker
[Android] TestRunner does not recognize a crash when running tests on Android devices
Steps to reproduce:
- Install Unity Editor version 2019.1.0f2 with Android support
- Open the project contained in ParticleCrashTestRunnerRepro.zip - attached below.
- Set up a Samsung Android device that can run GearVR, such as a Samsung S9
- Set up the osig file for your device: https://dashboard.oculus.com/tools/osig-generator/
- From the command line, run the command "adb uninstall com.UnityTestRunner.UnityTestRunner"
- Replace [PathToEditor] and [PathToFolderContainingProject] in the command below, then from the command line execute:
[PathToEditor]\Unity.exe -runTests -projectPath [PathToFolderContainingProject]\ParticleCrashTestRunnerRepro -testPlatform Android -testResults C:\Users\jackpr\ParticlesTest\TestResults.xml -logfile C:\Users\jackpr\ParticlesTest\UnityLog.txt
- The editor launches, it builds the test project, and deploys the test project to the device.
- The test fails, and the player crashes
- Unity Editor recognizes that the player crashed through a timeout or some other method. The test reports as failed.
After the player quits as a result of https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1145324/, the editor instance just sits there. It does not time out.
Note: the symptom that causes this behavior has been fixed, so it will not be reproducable through this method in later versions of the editor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process