Search Issue Tracker
[Android] Tessellation shader does not work on an android device when API is set to Vulkan
1. Open attached project
2. In the project settings, make sure that Vulkan is set for graphics API ( not OpenGLES3)
3. Build and run to the android
4. Notice that the sphere is red
Actual result: Tessellation doesn't work and the sphere is red.
Expected result: The sphere should be green
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0f2; 2018.3.2f1; 2019.1.0a14; 2019.2.0a1
Can't repro on 2018.2 and 2017.4 because of errors.
Note: error when compiling shader with Vulkan
'location' : SPIR-V requires location for user input/output
Compiling Vertex program with UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE DIRECTIONAL
Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING
VLNQA00217, Razer Phone 2 (Phone 2), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
VLNQA00224, Samsung Galaxy A5(2017) (SM-A520F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 7 Octa 7880, GPU: Mali-T830
VLNQA00138, Huawei P20 Pro (CLT-L29), Android 8.1.0, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 970, GPU: Mali-G72
Can't reproduce with:
VLNQA00017, Huawei Nexus 6P (Nexus 6P), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Snapdragon 810 MSM8994, GPU: Adreno (TM) 430
VLNQA00078, Motorola Nexus 6 (Nexus 6), Android 7.1.1, CPU: Snapdragon 805 APQ8084AB, GPU: Adreno (TM) 420
By design, some devices Vulkan drivers report that they don't support tessellation feature.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"