Search Issue Tracker
[Android] Terrain tiles not rendered correctly on Android devices with Adreno 540 or lower when Terrain.drawInstanced is enabled
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project "TerrainInstancingBug.zip"
2. Build it on Android
3. Notice the Terrain is Rendered black
Expected results: Terrain is Rendered Blue and Green
Actual results: Terrain is Rendered black
Workaround 1: Customer is adding a terrain instance to the scene but disabling it to workaround this issue. See 'Workaround' scene.
Workaround 2: Using the BuiltInLegacyDiffuse shader with Terrain (set via Terrain.materialType) also works.
Reproducible with: 2018.4.17f, 2019.3.1f1, 2020.1.0a24
VLNQA00091, Google Pixel 2 XL (Pixel 2 XL), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540
VLNQA00153, Google Pixel XL (Pixel XL), Android 10, CPU: Snapdragon 821 MSM8996 Pro, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
VLNQA00173, Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro (Redmi 6 Pro), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 625 MSM8953, GPU: Adreno (TM) 506
VLNQA00024, Xiaomi Mi 5 (MI 5), Android 7.0, CPU: Snapdragon 820 MSM8996, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
Not Reproducible with:
VLNQA00315, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970U), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno (TM) 640
VLNQA00138, Huawei P20 Pro (CLT-L29), Android 8.1.0, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 970, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00325, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9825, GPU: Mali-G76
Note: Reproduces with Vulkan and OpenGles3 and OpenGles2. Unable to test with 2017.4 due to Terrain Layer does not exist in 2017.4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [instability] assetBundleVariant YAML parse issue in HDRP package: DebugDisplayLatlong.sha
- Native object references for some object types are always 0 in the memory profiler
- [Android] InputField.onEndEdit is not called when turning off the TouchScreenKeyboard on an Android device
- Acute shadow acne when using two overlapping spotlights
- Raycast made on UI with multiple graphic Raycasters sort strangely when being on the same sorting layer and order