Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Android][MacOS] MacOS tooltip file path to Preferences in Android Build Settings is incorrect
1. Install the Android module to your Unity version, but with both of the dropdown items under Android Build Support unchecked.
2. Create a new project.
3. Open the Build Settings. (File -> Build Settings.)
4. Switch build target to Android.
5. Hover over the text next to Run Device.
Expected Result: The tooltip on Mac should state Preferences location is under Unity -> Preferences.
Actual Result: The tooltip on Mac states Preferences is under Edit -> Preferences. This is true on Windows, but not Mac.
Reproducible in 2020.1.0a20, 2019.3.0f5, 2018.4.15f1
2017.4.36f1 does not seem to display this 'Run Device' menu option.
- Tested on MacOS
- Ensure that you do not have a JDK/SDK set in preferences.
- Image attached in case comments.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Containers' height doesn't expand when text wraps
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer