Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Android][MacOS] MacOS tooltip file path to Preferences in Android Build Settings is incorrect
1. Install the Android module to your Unity version, but with both of the dropdown items under Android Build Support unchecked.
2. Create a new project.
3. Open the Build Settings. (File -> Build Settings.)
4. Switch build target to Android.
5. Hover over the text next to Run Device.
Expected Result: The tooltip on Mac should state Preferences location is under Unity -> Preferences.
Actual Result: The tooltip on Mac states Preferences is under Edit -> Preferences. This is true on Windows, but not Mac.
Reproducible in 2020.1.0a20, 2019.3.0f5, 2018.4.15f1
2017.4.36f1 does not seem to display this 'Run Device' menu option.
- Tested on MacOS
- Ensure that you do not have a JDK/SDK set in preferences.
- Image attached in case comments.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied