Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1
[Android] Loading time significantly longer if loading ralated asset from multiple asset bundles
1)Import users submitted project and build for Android.
2)Build asset bundles via editor drop down menu "AssetBundles".
3)Hit "Load from AssetBundle (synchronous)" GUI button and wait (depending on a device may take up to a minute or more).
Note: Load times are attached in the Edit section.
Note: iOS doesn't suffer as much as Android does when loading AssetBundle.
Reproduced with: 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b9
Does not reproduce on:
5.2.4f1 (if you consider 25 seconds an "OK" load time)
5.3.1f1 (the best time compared to other tested versions)
LG G3 (LG-D855) - Android 5.0
Galaxy Tab3 Android 4.4.4
Workaround: Include assets that reference each other in the same bundle ( not an optimal solution )
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D Game kit] "Import parameters got modified during import" error is thrown when opening up the project for the first time
- Building subscenes without platform package doesn't work
- Picking stacked objects always selects prefab
- Crash on DebugStringToFilePostprocessedStacktrace when loading/unloading scenes on GetLightmapSettings() returning null pointer
- [macOS]Hinge Joint with Mesh Collider causes a crash on a specific project