Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
Duplicate in 2021.2.X
[Android] Input.location.Start doesn't update on android 12
1. Open the attached user's project "LocationTest.zip"
2. Build for Android
3. Observe Latitude and Longitude not updating
Expected result: Input.location.Start updates Latitude and Longitude on android 12
Actual result: Input.location.Start doesn't update Latitude and Longitude on android 12
Reproduces on: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.23f1, 2021.2.2f1, 2022.1.0a12
Could not test 2022.1.0a13 and up due to another issue preventing User Permission Dialogs from showing up
Reproduces on these devices:
VLNQA00263 - Google Pixel 3 (Pixel 3), OS: 12.0.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845, GPU: Adreno 630
Does not reproduce on these devices:
VLNQA00231 - HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro (LYA-L29), OS: 9.0.0, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 980, GPU: Mali-G76
N/A, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00318 - OnePlus 7 Pro (GM1913), OS: 9.0.0, CPU: Snapdragon 855 SM8150, GPU: Adreno 640
-User mentioned that the issue does not reproduce also on Android 11
-Do note that the default "desiredAccuracyInMeters" and "updateDistanceInMeters" in the project is 10 meters
This bug in which the location information is not updated on Android 12 originated from Google, as you can see in this link(https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/215186921).
To save power when it is possible, Unity uses "GetBestProvider" which returns GPS_PROVIDER on Android 11 and earlier versions and returns FUSED_PROVIDER on Android 12.
Google says it will be fixed in Android 13, so we will register GPS_PROVIDER explicitly when the application running on Android 12 needs more accurate locations.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- SRP Batcher compatibility of the same shader changes when changing Graphics API for Windows from OpenGLES3 to Direct3D11
- Crash on PhysicsManager::AwakeFromLoad when entering Play Mode
- Freeze/crash on MemoryProfilerStats::UnregisterObject when DownloadHandlerTexture is used and Texture2D is already destroyed
- Nested Prefab structure breaks when Redoing override operation
- Crash on Scripting::ScriptingWrapperFor(Object*) when opening project