Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
[Android][IL2CPP] UnityLinker.exe fails to build a project when it contains MARS Companion Core and UI Toolkit packages
How to reproduce it:
1. Open the user's attached project "WanderingStar.zip"
2. Build and Run it on Android
3. Observe the Console window
Expected results: Building for Android succeeds
Actual results: Building for Android fails. Exception appears in the Console window:
Exception: Failed running ...\2021.1\2021.1.6f1_c0fade0cc7e9\Editor\Data\il2cpp\build/deploy/netcoreapp3.1/UnityLinker.exe @"..../<Project name>/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/response.rsp"
Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'Unity.RuntimeSceneSerialization, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
Reproducible with: 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1
Could not test with: 2018.4.34f1, 2019.4.26f1 - UI Toolkit is not introduced yet, 2021.2.0a17 - due to the MARS error
- Issue not reproducible after removing a Unity MARS Companion Core package
- Reproducible with a new project, when it contains Unity MARS Companion Core and UI Toolkit packages
- After removing UI Toolkit package from the user's project, in 2021.2.0a17 MARS error remains: "Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Runtime/Scripts/EditorComponents/SimulationRenderSettings.cs(86,34): error CS0266: Cannot implicitly convert type 'UnityEngine.Texture' to 'UnityEngine.Cubemap'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?)"
Jul 15, 2022 11:49
This problem is in 2021.3.6f1c1
Mar 08, 2022 08:18
Still Found In 2020.3.25 f1
Sep 28, 2021 10:46
Still Found In 2020.3.19 f1c2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.1.0a3
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Scripting: Fix a crash in UnityLinker while processing the assembly override version of UnityEngine.UIElementsModule.dll
Fixed in 2021.2.0b10
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.18f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.31f1