Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Android] [IL2CPP] Old build artifacts are used when ARMv7 and ARM64 build follows a ARM64 only build from different git branch
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1347245.zip"
2. In the Build Settings, change the build platform to Android
3. Open Player Settings and make sure that IL2CPP Scripting Backend and only ARM64 Target Architecture are selected
4. Download and install GitHub for Desktop VCS: https://docs.github.com/en/desktop/installing-and-configuring-github-desktop
5. Drag and drop the Unity project folder on the GitHub window
6. Press "create a repository"
7. In the window that was opened, under "Git Ignore" press on the dropdown box and select "Unity"
8. Create a new branch named "test"
9. Edit "NewBehaviourScript.cs" in the project's Assets folder to print "Test" instead of "Main" in logs and save the script
10. Commit the changes to the "test" branch in GitHub
11. Change to "main" branch in GitHub
12. Build the project by pressing Build in Build Settings
13. Change to "test" branch in GitHub
14. Open the Player Settings and select both ARMv7 and ARM64 Target Architectures
15. In the Build Settings, press Build And Run
16. Open logcat to monitor logs
Expected results: "Test" is printed every frame
Actual results: "Terminfo: Invalid Stack" is printed every frame
Reproducible with: 2020.3.12f1, 2020.3.18f1, 2021.1.21f1, 2021.2.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.11f1, 2021.2.0a18, 2021.2.0b12, 2022.1.0a9
VLNQA00288, Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J730F), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Exynos 7 Octa 7870, GPU: Mali-T830
VLNQA00022, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Redmi Note 3), Android 6.0.1, CPU: Snapdragon 617 MSM8952, GPU: Adreno (TM) 510
N/A, Huawei - (NOH-NX9), Android 10, CPU: NOT FOUND, GPU: Mali-G78
VLNQA00001, Google Pixel 2 (Pixel 2), Android 11, CPU: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540
VLNQA00316, Samsung Galaxy Note10 (SM-N970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9825, GPU: Mali-G76
VLNQA00225, Qualcomm null (SDM845 for arm64), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
- Could not find if the fix was between 2021.2.0a12 and 2021.2.0a17 because of errors.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Fields are not focused correctly when using UI Builder
- UNITY_SERVER scripting define does not work when switching to Dedicated Server from Windows by script
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration