Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
[Android] GI assets for the first scene(level0) have been added to the obb when "Split Application Binary" is enabled.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download project and open in Unity
2) Go to "Build Settings" and choose "Default" compression method.
3) Go to "Player Settings" -> "Publishing Settings", make sure "Split Application Binary" is checked.
4) Build to apk and you will see the apk and obb file.
5) Only install the apk file to the device, run the app on device and you will see the app crash without loading first scene successfully.
6) You can check the attached "logcat.txt" result.
Expected result: Even without obb installed, first scene should be loaded successfully.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0b4 ,2018.3.a1
Not reproduced with: 2017.1.4f1
Fixed in: 2017.2.3p4, 2017.4.6f1, 2018.1.5f1, 2018.2.0b8, 2018.3.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework
- Particle system trails sprites modifies unexpectedly when Texture Sheet Animation is enabled
- UWP player fails to play WebCamTexture when using specific webcam