Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
CullAllVisibleLights consume too much CPU when only baked lights are used in the scene
1. Open attached project
2. Build and run for Android with development mode checked
3. Connect profiler and drill down to SceneCulling.
4. Observe there is CullAllVisibleLights item consuming like 2-3% of the overall frame time.
Actual result: CullAllVisibleLights item consuming around 2-3% of the overall frame time.
Expected result: There should be no time consumed if there are no realtime lights in the scene.
Reproduced with:2017.4.15f1; 2018.2.16f1; 2018.3.0b10; 2019.1.0a9
VLNQA00124, Google Pixel 2 XL (Pixel 2 XL), Android 9, CPU: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540
VLNQA00025, Xiaomi Mi 5s (MI 5s), Android 6.0.1, CPU: Snapdragon 820 MSM8996, GPU: Adreno (TM) 530
Apr 25, 2019 00:34
I'm affected by this as well. I thought it was my setup with uTerrains, glad to find out it's a new unity bug instead.
Feb 12, 2019 20:28
Yeah true story
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed in: 2019.3.0a10, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2018.4.6f1
Sped up "CullAllVisibleLights" for scenes with high number of baked lights. For the time being, baked light culling is still being performed.