Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
[Android] Compiled GLSL compute shader fails uint cast
1. Open the project "ReproShaderGLESBug"
2. Connect an Android device
3. Open Terminal or Command Prompt and type in "adb logcat"
4. Build and Run on Android
5. Search for the term "SimpleUintIntRepro" in the Terminal (Cmd+F/Ctrl+F)
Expected result: The line "SimpleUintIntRepro.compute: Kernel at index (0) is invalid" is NOT printed
Actual result: The line "SimpleUintIntRepro.compute: Kernel at index (0) is invalid" is printed
Reproducible with: 2019.4.38f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2022.1.0b16, 2022.2.0a10
Could not test with: 2020.3.33f1 (App crashes on build)
-RWStructuredBuffer<int> is cast to uint, likely causing the bug (SimpleUintIntRepro.compute lines 9-10)
-2019.4.38f1 getting "Info AdrenoGLES ERROR: 0:56: 'assign' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'uint'" in Unity Logcat
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a14