Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
[Android] Compiled GLSL compute shader fails uint cast
1. Open the project "ReproShaderGLESBug"
2. Connect an Android device
3. Open Terminal or Command Prompt and type in "adb logcat"
4. Build and Run on Android
5. Search for the term "SimpleUintIntRepro" in the Terminal (Cmd+F/Ctrl+F)
Expected result: The line "SimpleUintIntRepro.compute: Kernel at index (0) is invalid" is NOT printed
Actual result: The line "SimpleUintIntRepro.compute: Kernel at index (0) is invalid" is printed
Reproducible with: 2019.4.38f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2022.1.0b16, 2022.2.0a10
Could not test with: 2020.3.33f1 (App crashes on build)
-RWStructuredBuffer<int> is cast to uint, likely causing the bug (SimpleUintIntRepro.compute lines 9-10)
-2019.4.38f1 getting "Info AdrenoGLES ERROR: 0:56: 'assign' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'uint'" in Unity Logcat
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)