Search Issue Tracker
[Android] Artifacts appear in texture Preview Window on Android Platform when selected Override ETC2 fallback is 16-bit
1. Open the attached user's project "1054932 texture compression fallback.zip"
2. Switch the Platform to Android
3. In the Project Window select the "Gradient_builder_2.jpg"
4. In the Inspector window expand the texture Preview Window
5. Notice the compression artifacts appear when the Override ETC2 Fallback is selected as 16-bit
Expected result: Compression artifacts do not appear in texture Preview Window on Android Platform when selected Override ETC2 fallback is 16-bit
Actual result: Compression artifacts appear in texture Preview Window on Android Platform when selected Override ETC2 fallback is 16-bit (see attached Results.png)
Reproduces on: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.13f1, 2021.1.13f1, 2021.2.0b1
-Issue does not reproduce when switching to iOS and windows Standalone Platforms
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Texture 2D Array preview looks corrupted when Mip Map Filtering is set to Box at different Mip levels
- [HDRP][XR] Shadergraph tessellation work differently with XR
- Not uploading texture to the 3D API / GPU during importing has regressed StreamingTests.TextureLoad test in performance
- [Physics] The capsule jitters falling into the cracks between triangle edges
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when right-clicking certain Hierarchy window items during Play Mode exit process