Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
[Android]AndroidJavaClass fails to load classes from aars with AndroidJavaException
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached IIIIIAAAAABBBBB.zip project
2. Go to the Project window-> BUG_REPORT_FILES-> BugScene
3. Build and Run on Android device
Expected: Android class from an aar are loaded via AndroidJavaClass
Actual: AndroidJavaClass fails to load classes from aars with
AndroidJavaException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String java.lang.Class.getName()' on a null object reference
Reproducible with: 2019.2.16f1, 2019.3.0f2, 2020.1.0a16
VLNQA00125 Google Pixel 2 8.1.0 Snapdragon 835 MSM8998 Adreno (TM) 540 OpenGL ES 3.2 FA7BB1A08116
VLNQA00012 Samsung Galaxy S6 7.0 Exynos 7 Octa 7420 Mali-T760 OpenGL ES 3.2 04157df40db4bd2c
- Seems like regression, but I can't test earlier versions because of the thrown package errors
- See the logacat Terminal Saved Output.txt attached
Mar 23, 2021 08:11
You mention the resolution of the issue in 2019.2.22f1, but it's not available on the downloads page... Please make this version available to us.
Jul 10, 2020 10:13
Why is this not mentioned in Known Issue release notes for Unity 2019.2.21?
Is there any update on an ETA for Unity 2019.2.22?
Jul 06, 2020 15:58
I'm using 2019.3.11f1 and still happening this error
Mar 30, 2020 15:19
where is Unity 2019.2.22f1?
Feb 09, 2020 12:36
I need that fix for 2019.2.x, because 2019.3 does not contain the very fast (old) GUI Layer and I should write again the game UI.
Jan 25, 2020 03:09
Waiting for the fix 2019.2.x
Jan 16, 2020 14:07
Is there a workaround? or do I just have to install the latest unity?
Jan 16, 2020 10:03
I agree. Please provide that fix for 2019.2.x too.
Jan 16, 2020 02:01
When is this fix to arrive in a production version? between this bug and OpenGL shader bugs (this has since been fixed) we've been unable to compile a working build for Android since Sep 2019 (v2019.2.4), every version since has had show stopper issues. It'd be great if this could be stepped up and back ported to a 2019.2.x version as I'm quite concerned that 2019.3 is going to bring a fresh round of issues with it. Will the fix at least be shipped with the first production ready version of 2019.3? Sorry but having to wait 4 months to 'maybe' be able to compile a working android app is quite frustrating.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Android: Fix calling static method in base class through derived using AndroidJavaClass.
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.2):
Fixed in 2019.2.22f1