Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Fixed in 2018.2
[Android] A specific video is not played when built via command line
1. Build for Android using Batchmode build the project from command line
"/UnityInstallLocation/Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/Unity" -quit -batchmode -projectPath=/ProjectPath/VideoDecodeCommandLineBug
2. Start build on Device. The Video does not play. (Missing Shaders)
3. Open the project in the editor.
4. Build from Builds->Android (custom build script same as command line)
5. Play build on Device.
Expected: video will be played on both builds
Actual: video is played only when built with editor open
Reproducible: 5.6.4p1, 2017.1.2f1, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.3.0b8, 2018.1.0a6
This is caused due to the Unity editor at some point adding the required shaders to AlwaysIncludedShaders in GraphicsSettings.asset:
Hidden/VideoDecodeAndroid or Hidden/VideoDecodeOSX
When built in BatchMode the shaders are not correctly added.
In 2017.2.0p4 after first build with editor, project is built properly in command line too.
Tested on: LG G3,
OSX 10.13 standalone(no repro)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- VFX Graph not retaining reference to custom spawner
- [URP] Blend Style panel is translucent and appears to be of different colour
- ProjectFilesGenerator.ProjectFileGeneration event isn't raised
- [Asset Import] Errors thrown on creating a project using microgame templates
- A game object is instantiated in a translated transform position when it is instantiated as a child of a new parent object