Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X
An object created via "Create Empty Child" of Hierarchy panel in Prefab Mode is always a child of the main prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "CreateChildInPrefabMode.zip"
2. In Project window, open "Assets" -> "Parent" prefab
3. In Hierarchy window, highlight "Child2" object
4. In Hierarchy window, press on "Create" -> "Create Empty Child"
5. Observe newly created child position in the hierarchy
Expected result: the newly created object is a child of "Child2" object
Actual result: the newly created object is a child of "Parent" object
Reproducible with: 2018.4.9f1, 2019.2.7f2, 2019.3.0b4, 2020.1.0a5
Could not test with 2017.4 (old prefab system)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub][Linux] Hub .AppImage does not allow to upgrade the Hub from 2.4.5 to 3.0.0-beta.2
- [Profiler] Current frame button initially hides profile frame marker
- Missing function to reset or unset a specific resource in the local binding space of compute shaders
- [Linux][Hub] Unity Hub 2.4.5 does not open "Add modules" window when clicking "Install with Unity Hub" in Build Settings
- Multiple errors appear in the Console when building for IL2CPP