Search Issue Tracker
Adding Standard shader to always included shaders stops build at shader compiler and uses 100 CPU
How to reproduce:
1. Create new project
2. In graphics settings (Edit > Project Settings > Graphics) set to always included shaders Standard shader
3. Build project
Result: Building stops at shader compiler and uses 100 cpu
Reproducible: 5.3.7p3, 5.4.4f1, 5.5.0p3, 5.6.0b3
Tested building for Standalone and Android device
Note: tested using DX9 and DX11
By Design:If standard shader is added to always included shaders the build will take a lot of CPU and a long time because standard shader is big, complex and has looots of variants.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Organizations are not displayed in the Services window
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- [Wild Crash] Editor crashes on mono_aot_get_cached_class_info when GizmoSetup has cached an outdated data
- [IMGUI] None,ScriptOnly and Full properties of stack trace are misaligned