Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.1.0f3
Adding a child with the UI component to a GameObject under the same Canvas as a Dropdown results in Dropdown list not showing up
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "Dropdown Bug Reproduction" project
2. Expand the "Canvas" GameObject in Hierarchy and inspect the "Unrelated Gameobject"
3. In Inspector, disable its "Start Dropdown Broken" setting off and enter playmode
4. Notice that the Dropdown is working correctly, exit the playmode
5. Enable "Start Dropdown Broken" setting on and enter playmode
Expected result: Dropdown list still shows up
Actual result: Dropdown isn't working anymore, list doesn't show up
1. Could reproduce the issue only when adding components trough script. Reproducible only if the child GameObject has a parent set and ONLY THEN the UI component is added. Creating a GameObject, adding the UI component to it and then setting a parent GameObject of it has the Dropdown functioning correctly.
2. Can't reproduce the issue when adding Button or Input Field components
Regression introduced in - 5.6.0f1
Reproducible with - 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f3, 5.6.0f1
Not reproducible with - 5.6.0b11, 5.5.3f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Motion field of the Blend Tree doesn't get set when double clicking on the Motion in the Select Motion window
- Application.systemLanguage returns "Unknown" when system language is set to Norwegian Bokmål/Nynorsk
- Project fails to load scene in WebGL due to lack of memory
- [Mobile] DownloadHander.text throws an exeption when reading a not supported exception
- Particle System's Point Light flickers while Looping is on and Emission Rate over Time is set to 0 with Bursts Count set to 1