Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
Activating license from the command line fails if machine's binding key has changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the current license file
2. Change Machine Binding Key="1" to other value
3. Execute in command line: Unity.exe -nographics -quit -batchmode -logFile "XXX/LicenceUpdate.log" -createProject "XXX/UnityTmpProject" -serial "I3-SOMEVALIDSERIAL" -username "YOURUSERNAME@unity3d.com" -password "YOURPASSWORD"
4. Check the generated log file after Unity quits
Actual result: Activation fails with a message "Cancelling DisplayDialog: Updating license failed Failed to update license within 60 seconds".
Expected result: Activation should succeed.
Reproducible with: 5.6.6f2, 2017.1.4p1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.6f1, 2018.2.0b10, 2018.3.0a3.
Machine binding gets changed after Windows update (we are changing it manually to simulate it)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved