Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
Activating license from the command line fails if machine's binding key has changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the current license file
2. Change Machine Binding Key="1" to other value
3. Execute in command line: Unity.exe -nographics -quit -batchmode -logFile "XXX/LicenceUpdate.log" -createProject "XXX/UnityTmpProject" -serial "I3-SOMEVALIDSERIAL" -username "YOURUSERNAME@unity3d.com" -password "YOURPASSWORD"
4. Check the generated log file after Unity quits
Actual result: Activation fails with a message "Cancelling DisplayDialog: Updating license failed Failed to update license within 60 seconds".
Expected result: Activation should succeed.
Reproducible with: 5.6.6f2, 2017.1.4p1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.6f1, 2018.2.0b10, 2018.3.0a3.
Machine binding gets changed after Windows update (we are changing it manually to simulate it)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform