Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1
Activating license from the command line fails if machine's binding key has changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the current license file
2. Change Machine Binding Key="1" to other value
3. Execute in command line: Unity.exe -nographics -quit -batchmode -logFile "XXX/LicenceUpdate.log" -createProject "XXX/UnityTmpProject" -serial "I3-SOMEVALIDSERIAL" -username "YOURUSERNAME@unity3d.com" -password "YOURPASSWORD"
4. Check the generated log file after Unity quits
Actual result: Activation fails with a message "Cancelling DisplayDialog: Updating license failed Failed to update license within 60 seconds".
Expected result: Activation should succeed.
Reproducible with: 5.6.6f2, 2017.1.4p1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.6f1, 2018.2.0b10, 2018.3.0a3.
Machine binding gets changed after Windows update (we are changing it manually to simulate it)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property