Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
Activating license from the command line fails if machine's binding key has changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the current license file
2. Change Machine Binding Key="1" to other value
3. Execute in command line: Unity.exe -nographics -quit -batchmode -logFile "XXX/LicenceUpdate.log" -createProject "XXX/UnityTmpProject" -serial "I3-SOMEVALIDSERIAL" -username "YOURUSERNAME@unity3d.com" -password "YOURPASSWORD"
4. Check the generated log file after Unity quits
Actual result: Activation fails with a message "Cancelling DisplayDialog: Updating license failed Failed to update license within 60 seconds".
Expected result: Activation should succeed.
Reproducible with: 5.6.6f2, 2017.1.4p1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.6f1, 2018.2.0b10, 2018.3.0a3.
Machine binding gets changed after Windows update (we are changing it manually to simulate it)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build