Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
Activating license from the command line fails if machine's binding key has changed
How to reproduce:
1. Open the current license file
2. Change Machine Binding Key="1" to other value
3. Execute in command line: Unity.exe -nographics -quit -batchmode -logFile "XXX/LicenceUpdate.log" -createProject "XXX/UnityTmpProject" -serial "I3-SOMEVALIDSERIAL" -username "YOURUSERNAME@unity3d.com" -password "YOURPASSWORD"
4. Check the generated log file after Unity quits
Actual result: Activation fails with a message "Cancelling DisplayDialog: Updating license failed Failed to update license within 60 seconds".
Expected result: Activation should succeed.
Reproducible with: 5.6.6f2, 2017.1.4p1, 2017.2.3f1, 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.6f1, 2018.2.0b10, 2018.3.0a3.
Machine binding gets changed after Windows update (we are changing it manually to simulate it)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- DirectX12 crash when re-importing a large number of assets
- [UIR] GroupTransform has invalid self-clipping
- Prefab script field reference is lost when project is upgraded
- Editor crashes while exiting play mode
- [Text] Default Text preset is not applied when creating a new Text object