Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
A project fails to build for WebGL if the project name contains UTF-8 symbols
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project with a name that contains UTF-8 characters. For example, "тест"
2. Build the project for WebGL
Expected results: Project builds successfully without any errors
Actual results: Build fails, an error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.7f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
1. A project builds for Windows without any errors
2. Full error message:
Building build.bc with EmscriptenToolChain
Output directory: D:\Repro\????\Temp\StagingArea\Data\Native
Cache directory: D:\Repro\????\Library\il2cpp_cache
il2cpp.exe didn't catch exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: ERROR:root:D:\Repro\????
\Temp\StagingArea\Data\il2cppOutput\Il2CppCompilerCalculateTypeValues.cpp: No such file or directory ("D:\Repro\????
\Temp\StagingArea\Data\il2cppOutput\Il2CppCompilerCalculateTypeValues.cpp" was expected to be an input file, based on the commandline arguments provided)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
This PR, along with a fix to il2cpp, should solve the problem of utf-8 characters in project paths. There are still scenarios that will fail, but this should solve the 90% case.