Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.4.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
A loop of Prefab AutoSave begins when adding a Parameter to Analytics Event Tracker in Prefab Editing mode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the original project "BugReport.zip"
2. Navigate to Project -> Assets and open "TestScene"
3. Select "Image" and enter Prefab editing mode
4. Navigate to Inspector window -> "Analytics Event Tracker" component -> "Send Event" and add a Parameter
-- Notice how Prefab starts to autosave frequently
Expected results: After changing a Prefab it will Autosave 1 time
Actual results: After changing the Prefab a loop of Autosave occurs
Reproducible with: 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.1.1f1, 2019.2.0a12, 2019.2.0a14, 2019.3.0a1
Not Reproducible with: 2017.4.26f1, 2018.3.13f1, 2019.1.0f1, 2019.2.0a11
Note: In Unity version 2018.3.14f1 there is no need to Enter Prefab edit mode for this bug to occur
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- Modifying Rigidbody2D.position doesn't stop interpolation when called during the FixedUpdate callback.
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac