Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[5.5][Regression] 50% performance drop happens when upgrading project from 5.4 to 5.5
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project in Unity 5.4 on Windows;
2. Open 'test' scene;
3. Launch the scene, observe and remember FPS and frame time numbers in the left corner of the screen (see attached 5.4 screenshot);
4. Save project and close Editor;
5. Open Unity 5.5;
6. Open 'test' scene;
7. Launch the scene, observe FPS and frame time numbers again.
FPS should not decrease significantly and frame time should not increase significantly.
FPS decreases and frame time increases by about 50% comparing to 5.4 (see attached 5.5Actual screenshot).
Regression introduced in Unity 5.5.
- Reproducible in 5.5.0b8;
- Not reproducible in 5.4.1f1, 5.3.6p6;
- Reproducible only on Windows 10 (high-end machine);
- Not reproducible on OSX 10.12 (low-end machine);
- Also happening in standalone builds;
- Performance drop is not reproducible in Standard Assets 'Car' scene; seems to be specific for SpeedTree project.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub][Linux] Hub .AppImage does not allow to upgrade the Hub from 2.4.5 to 3.0.0-beta.2
- [Profiler] Current frame button initially hides profile frame marker
- Missing function to reset or unset a specific resource in the local binding space of compute shaders
- [Linux][Hub] Unity Hub 2.4.5 does not open "Add modules" window when clicking "Install with Unity Hub" in Build Settings
- Multiple errors appear in the Console when building for IL2CPP