Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[5.5][Regression] 50% performance drop happens when upgrading project from 5.4 to 5.5
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project in Unity 5.4 on Windows;
2. Open 'test' scene;
3. Launch the scene, observe and remember FPS and frame time numbers in the left corner of the screen (see attached 5.4 screenshot);
4. Save project and close Editor;
5. Open Unity 5.5;
6. Open 'test' scene;
7. Launch the scene, observe FPS and frame time numbers again.
FPS should not decrease significantly and frame time should not increase significantly.
FPS decreases and frame time increases by about 50% comparing to 5.4 (see attached 5.5Actual screenshot).
Regression introduced in Unity 5.5.
- Reproducible in 5.5.0b8;
- Not reproducible in 5.4.1f1, 5.3.6p6;
- Reproducible only on Windows 10 (high-end machine);
- Not reproducible on OSX 10.12 (low-end machine);
- Also happening in standalone builds;
- Performance drop is not reproducible in Standard Assets 'Car' scene; seems to be specific for SpeedTree project.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the registry value for "TimeZoneKeyName" is invalid, "TimeZoneNotFoundException" exceptions are thrown
- [2018.4] UnityWebRequest.java has a sHostnameVerifier which doesn't have server identity check implemented
- Secondary hidden Hierarchy windows pop up when a new gameObject is created in another Hierarchy window
- UI Details profiler does not display any information when selected and throws exceptions when UI module is disabled
- [UWP] ContentDialog box doesn't disable apps interactivity