Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[5.5][Regression] 50% performance drop happens when upgrading project from 5.4 to 5.5
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project in Unity 5.4 on Windows;
2. Open 'test' scene;
3. Launch the scene, observe and remember FPS and frame time numbers in the left corner of the screen (see attached 5.4 screenshot);
4. Save project and close Editor;
5. Open Unity 5.5;
6. Open 'test' scene;
7. Launch the scene, observe FPS and frame time numbers again.
FPS should not decrease significantly and frame time should not increase significantly.
FPS decreases and frame time increases by about 50% comparing to 5.4 (see attached 5.5Actual screenshot).
Regression introduced in Unity 5.5.
- Reproducible in 5.5.0b8;
- Not reproducible in 5.4.1f1, 5.3.6p6;
- Reproducible only on Windows 10 (high-end machine);
- Not reproducible on OSX 10.12 (low-end machine);
- Also happening in standalone builds;
- Performance drop is not reproducible in Standard Assets 'Car' scene; seems to be specific for SpeedTree project.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Performance regression in Editor UI
- AccessToken expiring and not being refreshed
- Particle System uses incorrect Transform Matrices for Motion Vectors when Shadow casting is enabled
- Unity terminates with error code 0 when an exception occurs while importing a package in bach mode
- [DirectX12] Objects are not lighted in Game view when using SEGI system with Graphics API for Windows set to Direct3D12