Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.1.0
4.5+ shader compiler hangs on windows when entering play mode
Closed: Number of fixes for shader compiler were added in Unity 5 cycle. User doesn't experience it anymore in 5.1.
UnityShaderCompiler.exe has zero CPU activity, but pressing Play in editor just seemingly hangs, until the compiler process is killed.
Nothing much useful in editor log, waiting for more info.
Problem did not happen in 4.3.x.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- [PackMan] Extension in bottom bar disappears when using operations between UI generation and packman extension callbacks
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`