Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.1.0
4.5+ shader compiler hangs on windows when entering play mode
Closed: Number of fixes for shader compiler were added in Unity 5 cycle. User doesn't experience it anymore in 5.1.
UnityShaderCompiler.exe has zero CPU activity, but pressing Play in editor just seemingly hangs, until the compiler process is killed.
Nothing much useful in editor log, waiting for more info.
Problem did not happen in 4.3.x.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first