Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.1.0
4.5+ shader compiler hangs on windows when entering play mode
Closed: Number of fixes for shader compiler were added in Unity 5 cycle. User doesn't experience it anymore in 5.1.
UnityShaderCompiler.exe has zero CPU activity, but pressing Play in editor just seemingly hangs, until the compiler process is killed.
Nothing much useful in editor log, waiting for more info.
Problem did not happen in 4.3.x.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes when opening the project
- "Color Picker not supported on this platform" error is thrown when UseOSColorPicker is set to true on Windows
- Lightmap Encoding Quality settings do not apply to baked lightmap textures
- GameObject is not culled and can be seen in the Frame Debugger when Camera is facing away from it
- [UIR] Lines separating packages wiggle in Packman at 150%