Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.0.6
Found in [Package]
[2D] SpriteResolver generates garbage every few frames when playing an animation
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's Scene labeled "SampleScene"
2. Enter the Play Mode
3. Open the Profiler window (Window->Analysis->Profiler)
4. Input SpriteResolver.LateUpdate in the search field
5. Scrub through the Profiler graph
6. Inspect the GC Alloc value under the SpriteResolver.LateUpdate call
Expected result: Garbage is not generated every few frames
Actual result: Garbage is generated every few frames
Reproducible with: 3.2.6 (2019.4.27f1), 5.0.5 (2020.3.10f1), 6.0.3 (2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a17)
Couldn't test with: 2.0.0-preview.3 (Sprite Resolver is not available)
- In Unity 2020.3.10f1, 64B of garbage is collected and it's more frequent
- In Unity 2021.1.8f1, 2021.2.0a17, either 272B or 236B of garbage is collected and it's less frequent
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] PointerEventData.pointerId value is incorrect when pressing a finger on the screen
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version