Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
[2D] ArgumentException thrown continuously when GameObject assigned to "Connected Rigid Body" in "Relative Joint 2D " preset
On assigning GameObject to "Connected Rigid Body" under preset of the any "2D Joint" component throws ArgumentException continuously also properties under component doesn't show in the inspector, refer attached video.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project
2. Hierarchy > Create > Create Empty GameObject
3. Empty GameObject > Inspector > Add Component > Relative Joint 2D (Any 2D Joint)
4. Create preset of 2D Component (Relative Joint 2D)
5. Project > 2D Joint preset
6. Inspector > Connected Rigid Body > Assign GameObject
ArgumentException has thrown continuously on GameObject assign to "Connected Rigid Body" in "2D Joint" preset
GameObject should be assigned without any exception thrown and all properties are visible under component
Occurring with Unity
2020.1.0a19, 2019.3.0f6(69ba09c9b97e), 2019.2.13f1, 2019.1.11f1, 2018.4.14f,1 2018.3.1f1, 2018.3.0b1, 2018.3.0a6
2018.3.0a5, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.1.0f2
Windows 10 & macOS 10.14
ArgumentException: Cannot get physics scene; Unity scene is invalid.
Parameter name: scene
UnityEngine.PhysicsSceneExtensions2D.GetPhysicsScene2D (UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene scene) (at <70fa15663ba64f1e88ac453c5d646f7b>:0)
UnityEditor.Joint2DEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at <b9bb103d86cd4249b6a1c8b6aa2850c7>:0)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawInternalInspector () (at <b9bb103d86cd4249b6a1c8b6aa2850c7>:0)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.DrawPresetData () (at <b9bb103d86cd4249b6a1c8b6aa2850c7>:0)
UnityEditor.Presets.PresetEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at <b9bb103d86cd4249b6a1c8b6aa2850c7>:0)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <b9bb103d86cd4249b6a1c8b6aa2850c7>:0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'
- Asset path and filename is missing when warning about self-intersecting polygon is thrown