Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
[2018.4] A grey screen fades in between the storyboard launch screen and the first Unity scene
1. Open attached project "Project.zip"
2. Change the platform to iOS and Build
3. Open the info.plist in the Xcode generated project. You will see that the "Launch screen interface file base name" field is set with "OriginalsSplash.storyboard"
4. Build and Run the Xcode project on a device
Expected result: There should be no grey screen between the storyboard launch screen and the first Unity scene.
Actual result: You will see a gray screen between the storyboard launch screen and the first Unity scene.
Reproduces on: 2018.4.18f1, 2018.4.19f1
Does not reproduce: 2018.4.17f1
Devices reproduced on:
iPhone 11 iOS 13.3.1
iPhone 6S iOS 13.3.1
Note: Changing the "Launch screen interface file base name" field in the .plist with "OriginalsSplash" fixes the issue
Apr 20, 2020 19:35
Please note that the workaround suggested does fix this issue, but it makes the orientation issues come back (where the orientation of the launch screen is wrong for a bit before switching to the correct one).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
- [Linux][Plastic SCM] Unity Version Control window text is replaced by the key names of the labels and buttons
- [Android] Unstable FPS on a Player with an empty URP Scene when launched on Samsung S9
- Profiler fails to pull data from the Player when Building And Running a development build
- ARM64 build fails when Script Debugging is enabled
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0a5
Resolution Note (fix version 2017.4):
Fixed in 2017.4.38f1