Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.2.1
Unity crashes when calling DontDestroyOnLoad( this ) if Alphabetical Sorting is enabled
- Enable "Alphabetical Sort" in Hierarchy tab.
- Create a script that calls DontDestroyOnLoad( this ); in Start
- Add the script to the Main Camera in the scene
- Play and stop the editor
The editor will crash. This doesn't happen in Unity 5.2 b6, so it is a regression introduced in a 5.2 Release Candidate build.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- "Unity has stopped working" window is skipped when the Editor crashes
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor