Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1
Selected GameObjects are deleted when entering Play Mode and "Failed to unpersist" error is thrown
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Mercurial and check out Unity source code on Windows
2. Pull revision d5f1b37da199 by executing "hg pull -r d5f1b37da199" command
3. Jam ProjectFiles
4. Build a debug Editor by executing "perl build.pl --target=WindowsEditor --codegen=debug"
5. Download and unzip "ustwo.zip" attached below
6. Navigate to harness/scripts
7. Edit line 92 in test-harness.py by assigning the path to the Editor built in step 4 to the 'unityExe' variable
8. Assuming you have Python installed and added to PATH, edit line 3 test-harness.bat by replacing the path to python with "python" (without quotation marks). If not, replace the path with "<...>\harness\tools\python27\python.exe"
9. Run test-harness.bat
Expected result: Repro rate of 0%, i.e. selected GameObjects are not deleted when going into Play Mode and no "Failed to unpersist" error is logged to the Console in each test.
Actual result: Repro rate >0%, i.e. selected GameObjects are deleted when going into Play Mode and "Failed to unpersist" error is logged to the Console in tests.
Reproduced in: 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14, 2020.2.0a3 (reproduced once)
Could not reproduce on: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.13f1
- Reproduction with this specific set up was only tested with 2019.1.9f1 and 2020.2.0a3. All others come from Case 1199816
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor fails to launch with silent crash in mono on windows
- [GPU PLM] Part of baked shadows are broken when hitting a backface
- [DX12] Nothing is being rendered when using Alt+Enter to maximize a resized windowed player
- GL shader reflection is truncated or crash occurs when struct is used from named CBuffer with at least one other constant
- Having a struct in the global CBuffer makes OpenGLCore and GLES3 targets not report reflection for the CBuffer