Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1
Selected GameObjects are deleted when entering Play Mode and "Failed to unpersist" error is thrown
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install Mercurial and check out Unity source code on Windows
2. Pull revision d5f1b37da199 by executing "hg pull -r d5f1b37da199" command
3. Jam ProjectFiles
4. Build a debug Editor by executing "perl build.pl --target=WindowsEditor --codegen=debug"
5. Download and unzip "ustwo.zip" attached below
6. Navigate to harness/scripts
7. Edit line 92 in test-harness.py by assigning the path to the Editor built in step 4 to the 'unityExe' variable
8. Assuming you have Python installed and added to PATH, edit line 3 test-harness.bat by replacing the path to python with "python" (without quotation marks). If not, replace the path with "<...>\harness\tools\python27\python.exe"
9. Run test-harness.bat
Expected result: Repro rate of 0%, i.e. selected GameObjects are not deleted when going into Play Mode and no "Failed to unpersist" error is logged to the Console in each test.
Actual result: Repro rate >0%, i.e. selected GameObjects are deleted when going into Play Mode and "Failed to unpersist" error is logged to the Console in tests.
Reproduced in: 2019.1.9f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14, 2020.2.0a3 (reproduced once)
Could not reproduce on: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.13f1
- Reproduction with this specific set up was only tested with 2019.1.9f1 and 2020.2.0a3. All others come from Case 1199816
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Styling issues in the app toolbar
- Perforce integration - Attempting to add a P4Ignore ignored file does nothing
- URP ScriptableObject SerializeField value set to default during the first Import
- Variables use old overridden values on Prefabs when a variable has FormerlySerializedAs attribute
- [GPU PLM] 100% repro crash when baking EnterTheRoom with 4K maps when using system allocator