Search Issue Tracker
Planned for 2020.3.X
PS5 - InputSystem devices are not removed properly when pad turned off with application in background
Summary: on PS5, with Run In Background disabled, when the gamepad is turned off with the application in the background, the input system device is not removed. Instead, it remains in the devices list in "enabled" state.
- Unity 2019.4.39f1, "com.unity.inputsystem": "1.3.0", com.unity.inputsystem.ps5-0.1.10-preview
- With "Run In Background" DISABLED in Player Settings
- Build project in Development mode and run on PS5 devkit (either PC Hosted or Package)
1. Hold the PS button on the controller to return to the dash
2. Press the PS button to bring up the bottom menu
3. Select Accessories and turn off the controller
4. Press the PS button to turn on the controller again
5. Go to the Switcher and return to the Unity application
6. Notice the error "PS4 gamepad with same slotIndex already added"
7. In the log output from the LogInputSystemDevices script, notice that there are now two InputSystem devices, both enabled
Every time steps 1-5 are repeated, another device is added to the list.
The Input System Package Update Mode setting does not make any difference.
The workaround in this pull request does not fix the problem: [https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/InputSystem/pull/1524/files|https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/InputSystem/pull/1524/files]
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2020.3] Play Mode has visual artifacts when Graphics API is set to DirectX12 with Dynamic Resolution enabled
- White texture appears when setting “RenderTextureFormat.Depth” to “RenderTexture” on the Camera
- Cursor is visible when using “Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked” and “Cursor.visible = false”
- Material.SetOverrideTag setting LightMode tag has no effect
- Decal is not rendered when in Camera component Culling Mask dropdown field Default is unselected