Search Issue Tracker
[PLM] Wrong estimate of Lightmapper baking progress
On some projects containing a lot of lightmaps and static objects, the lightmap convergence shown in the lighting tab while baking shows an overestimate of the numbers of lightmap to be baked.
This is causing an overestimate of the baking time as well as a sudden jump to completion when baking lightmaps.
As you can see in the attached video (BUG-overestimate-atlases.mp4), lightmap convergence estimate the bake to contains 14 lightmaps while at the end there is only 12.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download ArchVizPro Vol. 6 at https://ono.unity3d.com/test-data/gi-tests/ArchVizPRO-Interior-Vol6
2. Open the project with latest trunk
3. You can set lower baking spp for faster repro I used 8/8/8 (direct/indirect/env)
4. You can set fewer bounces for faster repro I used 1/1 (min bounces/max bounces)
5. You can disable Filtering/denoising
- Make sure to setup lightmap resolution to 100
- Make sure to setup lightmap padding to 4
- Make sure to setup Max lightmap size to 2048
- It does repro with either CPU or GPU Lightmapper, the bug is probably in PVRRuntimeManager
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0
- OnTriggerExit is not called when GameObject leaves Trigger through reparenting
- [Physics] Character Joint jumps around when following Kinetic Rigidbody
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta