Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[OSX] MonoDevelop unusable when copied to a HFS+ Case-sensitive partition
1. Install any trunk build to an external drive formatted with HFS+ (Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled)) or just copy the MonoDevelop app.
2. Observe that the app becomes corrupted and can't be launched, you'll get this error:
"You can’t open the application “MonoDevelop” because it may be damaged or incomplete."
Doesn't seem to be reproducible with other systems (exFAT works fine) or Case Insensitive HFS+ partitions
Version 5.3.0b2 (4a4846486241)
Wed, 07 Oct 2015 09:11:01 GMT
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Feb 11, 2016 18:15
For a temporary work-around until 5.4.0 is released: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/monodevelop-does-not-launch-on-case-sensitive-filesystem-on-os-x.258951/