Search Issue Tracker
Missing Namespace UI error appears when a script tried to use UnityEngine.UI
After running through a few packages in the Assets Store, loading and unloading packages and DLLs, I got into a state with my project when Unity doesn't recognise "using UnityEditor.UI" in all the scripts in the Google Cloud Vision project.
This does not happen when i freshly install the Google Cloud Vision asset in a fresh new project.
To reproduce the error in the console:
- download this project
- open it with Unity 2019.2.0b3 or 2019.3.0a3 on Windows 10
- notice the compilation errors:
Assets\FrostweepGames\GCSpeechRecognition\Examples\Example\Example.cs(4,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
Reproduced with Unity 2019.2.0b3 and 2019.2.0a3
Cannot reproduce in Unity 2019.1.0f2, 2019.3.0a2, 2019.2.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle