Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
[iOS][Metal] Crash in GetPipeline() at GfxDeviceMetal.mm with ARGBFloat texture
1. Open the project form case 920728 (test_ARGBFloat_009_BugReport).
2. Make sure graphics API is set to Metal.
3. Build and run the "test_ARGBFloat" scene into iOS device.
- Application crashes.
frame #8: 0x00000001aa19a5b8 MetalTools`-[MTLDebugDevice newRenderPipelineStateWithDescriptor:error:] + 44
* frame #9: 0x000000010046be08 ProductName`::GetPipeline() at GfxDeviceMetal.mm:403 [opt]
frame #10: 0x000000010046d3ac ProductName`::CommonDrawSetup() at GfxDeviceMetal.mm:753 [opt]
frame #11: 0x000000010046d620 ProductName`::DrawBuffers() at GfxDeviceMetal.mm:819 [opt]
frame #12: 0x00000001007e67f4 ProductName`::RunCommand() at GfxDeviceWorker.cpp:1603 [opt]
iPhone 7+ 10.3.1, i
Phone 6 10.2.1,
iPadMini 4 10.3.2,
iPadAir 2 9.2
Regression introduced in:
RESOLUTION: ARGBFloat render textures with blending are not supported on Metal. Instead of letting the Metal driver to crash the program, we now issue a warning and disable blending.
Workaround: don't use ARGBFloat render textures with blending.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crash in SerializedFile::ReadMetadata<false> when AssetBundle. LoadFromMemory() is called
- ProceduralMaterial.ClearCache() on "Do Nothing" Substance triggers RebuildTextures
- Setting "Default Behavior Mode" to "2D" breaks HDR rendering
- Crash in GdipCreateBitmapFromStream when calling System.Drawing.Bitmap constructor
- DLL files are not excluded during building for standalone platform, even though they are selected to be excluded