Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
[iOS] Apple throws Deprecated API Usage warning for using UIWebView when submitting Builds to the App Store Connect
After submitting Unity-iOS builds to the App Store Connect Apple is showing Warning for using UIWebView:
We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "XXXXX". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:
ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs . See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more information.
After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to App Store Connect.
This case doesn't need a reproduction project, the problem is that we're creating an instance of UIWebView at PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/URLUtility.mm to handle in-game links, but the UIWebView will be no longer supported by Apple and will be a cause for apps rejection in the App Store Connect
Reproduced on Unity 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.8f1, 2019.2.4f1, 2019.3.0b2 and 2020.1.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Android build fails with “CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.” error
- [iOS] Touch.rawPosition changes position when touch is dragged
- Loading a scene with a large amount of light probes causes a performance spike
- The player does not refresh window display properties when opening the Player on another display
- Spot Light flickers when when it's far from the origin point