Search Issue Tracker
GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
In this scene a prefab is causing massive delays in the Editor when selecting any object inside the prefab. The most drastic case is a ~10k LightProbeGroup.
How to reproduce:
1) Create a new project (HDRP or Legacy)
2) Import the "PrefabIssue" package
3) Open the "GPUProbes/TestScenes/DenseProbesTest" scene
4) Unfold the "Lighting" prefab and select the "Light Probe Group"
5) Observe Editor lag (other objects cause hiccups as well)
6) Copy the Light Probe Group in the prefab and paste it into the scene
7) Select it and observer it renders smoothly
Expected behavior: Editor runs as smooth as when a Light Probe Group isn't in a prefab.
Looking into the profiler, it seems that most of the rendering time is actually spent waiting on the CPU to finish updating dirty objects/scene updates.
I have only tested this in 2019.3.0a3, but I suspect earlier versions are affected as well. Important side info: Bonfire Studios currently faces this issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dynamic Clipping works poorly with large scenes / terrains with the pivot point is near
- [UWP] Deploying wrong architecture through device portal ends up running a different app
- [MacOS] Standalone build contains .meta files inside native plugin bundles
- Progressive lightmapper leaks memory upon subsequent scene switches and bakes
- [AssetBundle] "The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing!" errors when loading object from Asset Bundle