Search Issue Tracker
GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
In this scene a prefab is causing massive delays in the Editor when selecting any object inside the prefab. The most drastic case is a ~10k LightProbeGroup.
How to reproduce:
1) Create a new project (HDRP or Legacy)
2) Import the "PrefabIssue" package
3) Open the "GPUProbes/TestScenes/DenseProbesTest" scene
4) Unfold the "Lighting" prefab and select the "Light Probe Group"
5) Observe Editor lag (other objects cause hiccups as well)
6) Copy the Light Probe Group in the prefab and paste it into the scene
7) Select it and observer it renders smoothly
Expected behavior: Editor runs as smooth as when a Light Probe Group isn't in a prefab.
Looking into the profiler, it seems that most of the rendering time is actually spent waiting on the CPU to finish updating dirty objects/scene updates.
I have only tested this in 2019.3.0a3, but I suspect earlier versions are affected as well. Important side info: Bonfire Studios currently faces this issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Windows High DPI scaling breaks Graphics.DrawTexture
- Particle system billboard particles are invisible when specific "3D Start Rotation" with "Random Between 2 Constants" is applied
- Preview Camera has wrong CameraType when Camera preview is present on Scene View
- Scaling the box in Events Example of ExtOSC plugin causes Unity to crash
- [HDRP] The Game Object is invisible in the Scene and Shader Graph prieview when the Transform node set World to Object position