Search Issue Tracker
EditorGUI.ObjectField and EditorGUILayout.ObjectField can't correctly use interface types as filter type
1. Open the attached project (interfaceType.zip)
2. Open the Test -> Test window
3. Try dragging the Cube game object into the object field (doesn't allow to add the game object)
4. Try dragging the Test component on the Cube game object into the object field (everything works now)
Expected: it should be possible to drag a game object that has an attached component that implements an interface into the object field that requires an interface type object
Reproduced in 2017.1.4p2, 2017.2.3p2, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.5f1, 2017.4.7f1, 2018.1.8f1, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.3.0a4
due to the low priority of the defect we decided that we won't fix it.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Drag-select in Prefab Mode selects GameObjects with Gizmos in any loaded scene
- Hierarchy ping effect rendering is offset
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Depth of Field doesn't blur near objects when "Allow HDR" is disabled
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages