Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Planned for 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Editor crashes with out of memory while importing a lot of assets (mostly textures) at once, on Windows/DX11
The issue seems to be that during a texture import, video memory usage keeps on rising, eventually runs out of GPU VRAM, starts to use system memory, and eventually can run out of that too. Seems specific to Windows & DX11 graphics API.
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
Reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.24f1, 2020.3.1f1, 2021.1.0b12, 2021.2.0a10
- The textures inside the project generate a 20+GB Library folder
- The project opens without a crash when opening it again
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete