Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.21f1, 2022.2.11f1, 2023.2.0a1
Crash on vkGetInstanceProcAddr & DrawBuffersBatchModeEnabling with keyword INSTANCING_ON when using Vulkan, OpenGLES and Metal
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project from "CrashInVkGLES.zip"
2. Open Scene "SampleScene"
3. Enter Play Mode
Reproducible with: 7.4.3, 7.7.1, 10.8.0, 11.0.0, 12.1.2, 13.1.3 (2019.4.0f1, 2019.4.34f1, 2020.3.25f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b2)
First lines of stack traces:
0x00007FF8D72C2B27 (nvoglv64) vkGetInstanceProcAddr
0x00007FF8D72C36E2 (nvoglv64) vkGetInstanceProcAddr
0x00007FF6BACD2C6C (Unity) vk::DescriptorSetUpdater::Update
0x00007FF6BACEDE29 (Unity) vk::DescriptorSetLayout::GetDescriptorSet
0x00007FF6BACC8F66 (Unity) vk::DescriptorState::Bind
0x00007FF6BACAE426 (Unity) GfxDeviceVKBase::DrawBuffersBatchMode
1. Could not reproduce with HDRP and without URP
2. Could not reproduce with DirectX's
3. Crash with OPENGL ES produces only: 0x00007FF95E962651 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
Aug 25, 2022 14:51
This is the only issue standing in the way of smooth Vulkan development between platforms while developing on windows. Please prioritize fixing this crash! I'm looking forward to a single rendering platform for VR. This will make testing shaders before deploying to Quest 2 much less stressful.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.2.0a1):
Fixed in 2023.2.0a1
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2.11f1):
Fixed in 2022.2.11f1, implemented error message.
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.3.21f1):
Fixed in 2021.3.21f1, implemented error message.